Email Marketing Case Study: A Large Nonprofit Agency
Year of project: 2018
A prominent Los-Angeles based nonprofit agency.
The Project: Email Database Expansion & Optimization
The agency relied heavily on fund-raising campaigns to cover operating costs and hired Culture Cube to build its email list, nurture relations with email recipients, and create more productive email campaigns.
What We Did
- We implemented Marketo, a powerful marketing automation software, to facilitate the process of collecting e-mail addresses.
- We captured leads at agency events and through Marketo forms on the agency’s website.
- We developed newsletters and ongoing campaigns to nurture leads and promote agency events.
- We segregated email lists to better target content delivery and fundraising asks.
- We automated email content, saving time and ensuring a consistent brand voice across all communications.
- We developed special campaigns for marquee events.
- We sent hyper-personalized emails to longtime supporters and major donors.
Within 6 months, the agency had significantly increased donations and reduced email campaign costs.
- A 26% expansion of the email database.
- A 124% increase in revenue over the targeted goal for a prominent campaign.
- 20K in new donations in a single campaign, matching the target for the entire year.
- 632 new records in the Marketo database.
- Corresponding gains on the agency’s website.