Lead Generation Case Study: A Luxury Apartment Community
We increased net leases, lowered the cost per lead, elevated organic search visibility, reduced paid media costs, and improved the client’s online reputation.
A luxury apartment community with locations in Southern California and Reno, NV.
The client had trouble leasing luxury apartments in Southern California and Reno, NV.
- Lead volume was erratic.
- Existing advertising channels were more expensive and less effective than ever.
- Content marketing lacked the personalization needed to connect with prospects.
- Sales team members were inconsistent with lead follow-up, wasting marketing dollars, and lowering customer satisfaction among prospects who expected timely communication.
What We Did
- We created long-term nurture campaigns to recover disengaged prospects, behavioral scoring campaigns to re-activate “presumed dead” leads, and new dynamic and personalized email campaigns to help leasing consultants close deals.
- We developed a custom integration between Google Ads and Marketo (a marketing platform) and identified opportunities to improve Google ad conversion rates.
- We reduced Google Ad spend by 38% while increasing conversions through dynamic local ads and targeted remarketing.
- We audited all Internet Listing Service leads (e.g., Apartments.com) and recaptured 29% of the leads the sales team had never contacted.
- We launched a CRM (customer relationship management) pilot to give the sales team complete visibility into sales productivity, reduce the number of missed leads, and improve marketing attribution.
- We shifted call tracking from 800 numbers to local area code phone numbers for a 10% lift in call volume.
- We launched an online reputation management program for the client.
The Marketo long-term nurture campaign garnered 101 net leases in the first year.
We exceeded the sales goals and revenue for all new luxury apartment lease-ups. Los Angeles County apartments consistently remained over the goal for occupancy rate.
- 21.6% increase in net leases for the apartment portfolio.
- 300.2% increase in leads without increasing advertising dollars.
- 25% reduction in Internet Listing Service paid advertising expenditures.
- 38.1% reduction in Google Ads expenditures.
- 525% decrease in Google Ads cost per lead.
- 250% improvement in Google Ads conversion rates.
- Improved online reputation across the portfolio within 6 months.